When you die without leaving a Will, your Estate will be distributed in terms of the Intestate Succession Act. Your family will therefore have no say when it comes to the administration of your Estate.
By leaving a Will you will ensure that:
- Minor children will have a nominated guardian.
- An Executor of your choice is appointed.
- Your assets will be distributed according to your wishes.
- Beneficiaries are clearly described.
Your Last Will and Testament should:
- Always be in writing.
- Signed by the Testator / Testatrix.
- Signed in the presence of two competent witnesses.